- The practice had a very time-consuming debt collection process.
- Monthly statements were taking 3 staff one full day to collate, prepare, envelope and mail.
- Many patients were paying by monthly coupons, and generally late doing so.
- Staff not confident talking to patients on the phone.
- One Office member spending 2 full days each week "chasing up" debtors.
- Many patients not paying their Initial Consultation fees ($70).
- The Directors not really aware of what was/wasn’t happening with the accounts.
- There was no clearly defined New Patient Procedure in place.
- More money – The Aged Trial Balance reduced by 32% (over $70,000) after only 8 weeks. It has remained at this lower level.
- Monthly statements were abandoned and an automatic payment process introduced that was taken up by 88% of clients.
- More control – Reporting Schedules, KPI's and Responsibilities were clarified and Management are now aware of exactly what is happening in their own business.
- Time saved – Staff spend considerably less time actioning overdue accounts.
- Less Patient confusion – Payment of Fees is discussed with all new Patients at their Initial Consultation.
- A "New Patient Folder" was created containing Medical Questionnaire, Health Fund Requirements, Ongoing Health Care matters, Payment options and a "Welcome As A Patient Of The Practice" letter.